If Not You, Who? Award
Congratulations to our 2020 winners:
Porsche Smith- Winston-Salem Preparatory Academy (11th Grade)- Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina
Abigail Egnatz- Mount Tabor High School (11th Grade) - Novant Health Inc.
* We thank our donors and the Winston-Salem Foundation's Youth Grantmakers In Action Program for their generous donations for the 2020 awards.
We are so happy you are making great things happen in Forsyth County, North Carolina! Thank you for using your time to make the community we live in a better place for all of us-after all, if you don't do it, who will? We hope you will apply through the Award Application below. While we have a limited number of Awards we can grant due to funding, please know what you do to make Forsyth County a better place is so valuable to all of us. If you would like to apply to be a part of Forsyth County Young Leaders Program, our Student Application is on the Our Program & Student Application section of this website.
IF NOT YOU, WHO? AWARD OFFICIAL RULES
The If Not You, Who? Awards are designed to recognize and reward the great steps high school students are
taking to fight for the needs of the people in Forsyth County, NC. By submitting an application, you agree that what you
submit will be deemed non-confidential and you grant Forsyth County Young Leaders Program the right to use, copy, modify, edit, publish, transmit, and display your submission via any media, and that Forsyth County Young Leaders Program will be free to use your name and other identifying information, unless you specifically request in writing that we not do so.
The Award Application period opens on May 15, 2021 and closes on June 15, 2021. Winners will be notified in July 2021, and a list of the winners will be posted on www.fcyoungleaders.org in July 2021 as well. Only winners will be notified.
1. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited educational high school institution in Forsyth County, NC on June 15, 2021.
2. All applicants must have demonstrated on-going commitment to Forsyth County, NC by performing unpaid volunteer
services impacting a social cause in Forsyth County, NC within the last 12 months.
3. Volunteer services performed by applicant must help non-family members.
4. If the applicant is selected as a potential If Not You, Who? Award recipient, in order to be confirmed as a winner, the student's parent or legal guardian must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Assignment of Rights.
5. A recommendation from someone who knows the applicant and her/his work in the community is required to be received by June 15, 2021 and submitted directly by the recommender via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to President Sarina Horner's attention in the subject line of the email.
Applicants and Recommenders must supply a valid e-mail address. Correspondence throughout the entire
application process will be by e-mail only.
The Award Application form (below) must be complete. Please print a hard copy of your application form to retain for your records (do not send a printed copy of the Award Application). Only information presented at the time of application submission will be considered.
The Recommendation Form (below) must be emailed directly by the recommender by June 15, 2021 via email at email@example.com to President Sarina Horner's attention in the subject line of the email.
Each student selected as an If Not You, Who? Award recipient will have a $250 grant made in her or his name to a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity whose mission is to help resolve any social issue in Forsyth County, NC.
Applications must be submitted online from May 15, 2021 through June 15, 2021 (11:59 p.m. EST).
Multiple applications for the same applicant will not be accepted. If more than one application for an individual is
received, the first application received will be the application accepted and reviewed.
All applications will become the property of Forsyth County Young Leaders Program.
For additional information regarding the award program contact Forsyth County Young Leaders Program by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to Sarina Horner's attention. When emailing, please indicate that you are inquiring about the If Not You, Who? Award.
By submitting an application, the applicant indicates that she/he understands and accepts the terms for the If Not You, Who? Award.
If you are a rising 10th - 12th grader for the 2021-22 school year in Forsyth County, we would love for you to apply to participate in the Forsyth County Young Leaders Program. You can find the application under the Our Program & Student Application section of this website.